Recipes from all around the world.
Back to recipes
Apple & Lemon Curry
Before making this interesting recipe the first time I was very much unsure how apples can possibly fit into a curry and I have to say, this recipe definitely surprised me a lot. As expected, it tastes completely different from regular curries but is still worth a try!
|0 min||25 min||2 bowls||Vegan|
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 onion
- 1 spring onion
- 1 small chili (or chili flakes)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ to 1 tbsp curry powder
- 200 ml veg. stock
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 apples
- 1 limes (+½ for garnish)
works best with sweet apples, use less lime juice if apples are already sour
cook your rice according to package instructions so that it's ready when the curry is done.
- Chop onions and spring onions, store the green parts of the spring onions for later.
- Heat a pan or cooking pot to medium-high heat and fry the onions and green onions for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice the chili into small pieces. Put a few slices aside for garnishing later.
- Add flour, cumin, coriander and curry powder to the pan and fry for 1 minute.
- Add veg stock, coconut milk and chilis to the pan and stir well.
- Bring it to a boil and let it cook on high heat for 5 minutes, stir every minute or so.
- In the meantime cut the apples into bite-size pieces and juice the lime.
- Add apples and lime juice and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes (apples should still be a little firm).
- Serve curry with rice and garnish with apple slices, sliced lime, chili and green parts of spring onion.